Tuesday, December 10, 2019

There is so much going on right now, that my head is spinning and I am not sure what top do.  then out of the blue, I get a direct threat to my personal well being from an unexpected corner

 remember to stop and smell the flowers...

There is this fella in St. Lucia, who for some reason thinks that I am about to chase all tourists out of town, and do something strange .... Well I know that I look at life from other angles to most folks, and that my thinking does not fit into other peoples pigeon hole mentality, where each person is treated according to where he / she is perceived to fit within society, according to what others say about you.

My personal life style came under fire from this fella, who threatened me saying that he would "send some folks after me to sort me out"   This direct  threat to my person came as a surprise, and I was not sure how to take this threat.  So I did the unexpected thing, and asked for advice from old friends who live in Cape Town, and I received a rather devious and complicated answer.  hence this post.  first issue was that I should go along to the local police station, then ensure that this threat to my personal well being be noted in the OB  (Occurrence Book)  and that I should follow that up with a post online discussing what the possible reasons for that exact threat was or is,  then go ahead and carry on with my life, but ensure that I push certain issues harder....  COZ these are stirring the pot at the parliamentary level, which is about to cause some investigations and political disturbances of a serious nature.

Should I name this person ?  please leave a comment and say why or why not....


The 4u2fish Campaign is coming along and we have a few signatures on our campaign to get high level government delegations to investigate the issues around lost economic activities and their negative impacts on Umkhanyakude district municipality, as a consequence of the mismanagement of our natural renewable resources within Lake St. Lucia and the St. Lucia Estuary Systems and surrounding water ways.

Just the other day we had a by election here in   St. Lucia village, and the politics around the management of the iSimangaliso Wetland park World heritage site was pushed into the lime light in some unexpected ways by yours truly.  The after effect of this is being felt by me directly, and a few folks in positions of power seem to have an interest in what I have to say, and how I am saying what I am saying.  Some have found my views rather favourable to their personal agenda, and others think that I am scratching where there is no itch, and need to go away.

Then there are the few folks who have been doing stuff that is not too "KOSHER"  who seem rather upset that I am asking high level government delegations to take a  #PEEPSEE at the true, on the ground impacts of attitudes and activities of them folks who are in power positions within the tourism industry of Umkhanyakude, and how their actions, non actions and policies are impacting the life styles of rural folks within and surrounding the iSimangaliso Wetland Park.

The perceived poor management of the St. Lucia estuary system by the IWPA is a  very big part of what I am saying, and this is also a hot topic in parliament during these last few days of 2019. This issue is causing reverberations in unexpected places.

The Estuary Management Plan  which should be in place as mandated by the ICMA or Integrated Coastal Management Act, along with its serious amendments and related legislations is the real issue, as the public is under the perception that nothing is going on. The St. Lucia Rate Payers association has been pressurizing the IWPA or iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority to do something about the lake and estuary management, but I am not privy to these discussions.

The threat directed at me personally by this fella could be directly related to the issues around the St. Lucia Estuary management plan, but I am not sure about that. The fact that this fella is closely connected to the St. Lucia Rate Payers association  is also a concern to me, but I do believe that this threat was not and is not condoned or appreciated by the management team of the St. Lucia Rate Payers association. I am how ever convinced that the fella in question  believes that his connection with the St. Lucia Rate Payers Association will give him some sort of immunity or legitimacy.

The 4u2fish Campaign is all about building the domestic tourism industry, and ensuring that the local residents of Umkhanyakude District Municipality get an equitable share of the tourism connected to the recreational use of our lakes, rivers, dams, pans as well as the St. Lucia estuary and the indian ocean.

Eish !!! load shedding now at 14 H 10 in the St. Lucia Library.   please leave a comment below and tell me if I should name the fella who threatened me or not .... need to publish thisd any way coz of legal issues around being threatened.

thanx for reading.. please sign our petition here https://secure.avaaz.org/en/community_petitions/Sihle_Zikalala_Premier_of_KZN_south_Africa_Support_the_4u2fish_campaign_in_our_efforts_to_restore_BIODIVERSITY_in_St_Lucia_Estuary/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment